Innovation and highly trained staff. Our Pharmacy team members play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people???s lives. Apply today!
Pharmacy services is an industry continually changing and in the process opening doors to learn and grow within the industry making employees valuable assets.?? The Banner Pharmacy Services (BPS) senior leadership demonstrate the willingness to mentor staff in effort to help staff achieve their career goals.?? BPS is a vital part of Banner Health as we strive to improve patient care in all arenas of the pharmaceutical industry.
As a Senior Financial Analyst with BPS, you will be exposed to the impact of pharmacy services not only in the environment of the hospitals and medical groups, but also specialty and retail pharmacy operations in the community.??Our senior financial analysts are assigned specific business lines within pharmacy to support our business leaders. This provides the analyst the opportunity to demonstrate their analytical and leadership skills as they work on a variety of projects.??As BPS continues to grow the BPS finance team will need to expand their support. A financial analyst with the right skill set will have the opportunity to move into leadership roles if desired as they progress in their career.
We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Financial Analyst to join our team. This will be a day shift, salaried, remote position working Monday through Friday from 8 am - 5 pm Phoenix local time. Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.??
Banner Pharmacy Services division provides excellent patient care across our entire continuum through convenient access, improved medication outcomes and innovative pharmacy practices. Banner Pharmacy Services will be recognized nationally as a clinical leader and trusted partner in proactively providing innovative pharmacy services through excellence in integration, care coordination, medication management and service to make a difference in people's lives. Banner is expanding its focus from being a hospital company to a clinical quality company focused on population health management. Clinical Pharmacy Services are also included in this robust new service line and are responsible for the management of the Banner formulary, development of standardized system wide clinical pharmacy services, and management of adverse drug event preventions. Clinical Pharmacy Services provides collaborative drug therapy management and educational interventions in patient care to optimize medication therapy, improve outcomes, promote wellness, and disease prevention.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing coordination and/or collection of relevant financial data to prepare and interpret financial reports for management in an accurate and timely manner. This position provides maintenance/updates as necessary to ensure the integrity of assigned financial systems and databases.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Gathers data from various sources to document and analyze statistics and financial information necessary to complete projects in assigned area. Generates various monthly or bi-weekly financial reports or ad hoc reports that enable management to control and analyze operations.
2. Works with management and staff of various departments to assist with financial data gathering and/or interpretation. Ensures accuracy of financial information systems and maintenance of reporting. Ensures the integrity of statistical files and databases used for financial reporting.
3. Works with other analysts to manage key financial processes within the organization (including operating budgets, forecasts program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support and reimbursement analysis).
4. Provides financial modeling resources for special projects assigned to the department by management for analysis. Brings strength in logic and analysis of data, sorts through data and determines which elements are useful or pertinent to the assigned project. Identifies outliers and recognizes trends, presents data and analysis results to appropriate parties.
5. Prepares timely and accurate reports and presentations for state and federal agencies, administration and corporate to satisfy mandated reporting requirements policy, law or management. Maintains accurate statistical, contractual or other financial databases, as assigned.
6. Assists in identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis. Educates users of the assigned financial reporting system on the utilization of reports and the functionality of those reports.
7. Provides education on available financial tools and resources and provides learning to non-financial staff so they can break down analysis in simple terms.
8. Assignments located in the Western region will have regional accountability and will provide financial analysis support for multiple facilities within the Western Region.
9. Uses specialized knowledge to analyze information and solve business problems. Works independently under general supervision. Provides management with accurate and timely information necessary to effectively manage financial operations for revenues in excess of $300m annually. Consults internally with Department Directors, Administration, Data Operations, Financial Services Department Personnel and Banner Health System personnel. Works with State governmental agencies, colleagues as other healthcare facilities, professional organizations and outside vendors. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Requires a Bachelor???s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with three to four years of experience in healthcare financial management/analysis work. Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with changing needs and deadlines. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Requires strong abilities in statistical analysis, data interpretation, computer software applications, database and spreadsheet programs, plus a proficiency in financial modeling techniques to generate management reports, projections, allocations, and analyses.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.