Location: Scappoose, Oregon
This Pharmacist at OHSU Family Medicine at Scappoose is responsible for the provision of specialized clinical and/or MTM services to patients in an ambulatory setting. This position is responsible for the direct clinical supervision of patients, and ensuring compliance with all legal, regulatory and institutional directives. This pharmacist will interact directly with patients, prescribers and care coordinators to develop an interdisciplinary approach to patient care. Additionally, the pharmacist will be expected to contribute to the financial viability of the program, department and institution.
Function/Duties of Position
- Interprets and evaluates physician orders and prescriptions for accuracy, completeness and appropriateness. Recognizes therapeutic problems including drug interactions, contraindications, improper dosing, and precautions of therapy for a highly specialized patient population. Recognizes actual or potential problems and provides therapeutic recommendations for their resolution.
- Monitors medication therapy for response and adverse reactions. Collaborates with providers to ensure safe and appropriate therapy. Appropriately reports all adverse drug reactions, drug defects, and medication errors. Conducts prospective and retrospective drug utilization reviews to ensure optimal therapy.
- Counsels and trains patients regarding the appropriate use of their medications (i.e., purpose, actions, dosage, side effects, storage, precautions etc.) .
- Participates in drug product selection, counsels' providers regarding the selection of non-formulary drugs while offering therapeutic, cost effective alternatives.
- Is responsible overseeing the medication prior authorization process in conjunction with the PA support person.
- Researches and evaluates professional literature in response to questions and requests and provides drug information to clinic staff.
- Assists with devising, developing and operationalizing programs to ensure proper use of medications and continuous quality improvement.
- Participates in professional developmental programs to ensure progressive pharmacy practice and actively demonstrates service excellence.
- BCPS, BCACP- OR- 5 years of equivalent experience.
Experience in clinical and/or business program development.
Direct patient care or medication therapy management experience.
State of Oregon Preceptor License.
ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS & EQUIPMENT USAGE
The pharmacist will experience competing demands on his/her time from clinic staff and/or patients and will need to effectively multi-task and prioritize demands. The pharmacist must deal with intense situations on a daily basis. The expectation will be to provide patients, providers, and support staff with excellent customer service. Additionally, within the healthcare setting there can be a significant lack of control over the work pace, with frequent interruptions (work is often dictated by external factors) that may lead to mental fatigue or stress.
This candidate will need to function for long periods of time on a computer. There will be intermittent standing, walking, stooping, crouching and talking and listening.
This position comes with fabulous benefits! Highlights include:
- Vacation - up to 208 hours per year pending length of service for full-time employees
- Sick Leave - 64 hours per year for full-time employees
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision care plans. Covered 100% for full-time employees and 88% for dependents
- $25K of term life insurance provided at no cost to the employee
- Retirement: Choose between pension plan or employee matching voluntary savings plan
- Substantial Tri-met and C-Tran discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- OHSU is a non-profit organization, so we qualify for the Public Loan Forgiveness Program
- Innovative Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.