Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
Working independently, the Pharmacy Technician I role interacts with patients and healthcare providers to perform a variety of technical pharmaceutical tasks including filling of new prescriptions and refills, performing pharmaceutical calculations, preparing, medications and performing point of sale activities and maintaining the electronic medication medical record for patients.
Previous sterile compounding experience is not required. This positions is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $4000.
- Provides good customer service to patients by being attentive and quick to respond at pharmacy window and follows through on problems.
- Runs specific areas of pharmacy operations including Point of Sale (POS), working independently as assigned, assists in maintaining pharmacy stock and ensures no expired medications are in the clinic, by following the inventory control process.
- Uses proper aseptic technique in preparing pharmacy products accurately and efficiently.
- Enters prescription orders into pharmacy system, including billing prescriptions appropriately and accurately.
- Prepares, packages, and labels medication in an accurate and efficient manner.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certified as a Washington State Pharmacy Technician.
- Able to perform basic pharmaceutical calculations.
- Ability to use a mouse, navigate computer programs, enter data into computer systems in accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Familiar with the generic names of drugs along with their basic indication.
- Certified as a Washington State Pharmacy Technician from an accredited technical institute.
- Ability to operate a Point of Sale system.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, and there are no exceptions for any employee who is patient-facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center facilities. Exceptions exist only for employees whose positions are fully remote, with no required access to campus. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees requiring access to campus must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $26.20 to $37.31 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (22 days per year), paid sick leave (up to 30 calendar days per occurrence of a qualifying reason), paid holidays (up to 13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 12 months for professor track faculty, up to 6 months for other scientific staff).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.