Clinical Pharmacist provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care through integrated drug distribution, patient counseling and teaching. Clinical Pharmacists fill orders for medications, monitor patient’s drug therapies and provide drug information. Clinical pharmacist supervises and directs supportive staff. In the absence of the Director of Pharmacy, a clinical pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the Director of Pharmacy
1. One year hospital experience required (would consider new graduates)
2. Two to three year’s hospital experience preferred
3. Ability to work independently and handle stress appropriately.
4. Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule.
5. Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions and respond quickly to emergency requests.
6. Ability to manage a diverse workforce.
7. Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
8. Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations that govern the practice of pharmacy
9. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. BS or Pharm.D. from a School of Pharmacy
2. Current license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
3. ASHP IV certification or successful completion of an ACPE/ASHP accredited program within 180 days of hire if not already certified
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.