The University of Tennessee at Martin invites applicants for Manager, Library Technologies. Reporting to the Dean of the Paul Meek Library, this position is a senior leadership role that facilitates innovative and collaborative efforts to expand and improve digital content, collections management, access, and discovery platforms. The position serves as administrator and main technical lead for the library services platform and discovery system, currently FOLIO and the EBSCO Discovery Service. Working both independently and collaboratively, this Manager will lead projects and initiatives to improve workflows, implement integrations, assess library tools, and find creative solutions to improve upon the management and discovery of library resources. The position manages hardware and software technologies across the library, including digital content management, administrative and public computing, while ensuring optimal system performance for all users. The Manager serves as the library's primary liaison with IT Services and other campus offices for systems interoperability and data transfer. The position develops and maintains positive work relationships with library systems vendors for support issues, data loads, and system enhancements.
The University of Tennessee at Martin is a primary regional university in the University of Tennessee System that includes the main campus and five regional centers located throughout West Tennessee. UT Martin is a small-town university for people with big dreams.
UT Martin is a comprehensive campus with five colleges offering more than 100 academic areas of study within 18 undergraduate degree programs. The campus also offers seven graduate degrees within 17 specialized concentrations. Focused on providing access to higher education, UT Martin has more off-campus centers than any public four-year university in the state and is the UT System's largest provider of online education. In addition, UT Martin has created partnerships with other universities in Tennessee to provide roadmaps to professional degree programs, such as law and veterinary medicine at UT Knoxville, pharmacy at the UT Health Science Center in Memphis, and public service at Lipscomb University.
UT Martin is strongly committed to achieving its access mission, providing a transformational education that broadens the horizons of its students and positions them for success. Ranked nationally as a "Top-20 University in the South" by U.S. News & World Report and as the "Best Southeastern University" by The Princeton Review, UT Martin is the place where dreams take flight.
* Provide leadership, direction, supervision, strategic planning, and implementation of technologies to support teaching, learning and research of students, faculty, and staff.
* Serve as a key member of the library's administrative team, assisting with strategic planning and budget oversight.
* Collect, maintain, analyze, and report library collection and usage statistics, including data for library annual report, IPEDS, ACRL, and THEC.
* Participate in library assessment program.
* Serve as the primary liaison with UTM's central Information Technology Services.
* Participates on departmental and interdepartmental committees.
* Manage library services platform and discovery system, currently FOLIO and the EBSCO Discovery Service and primary liaison with vendor for support issues, data loads, and enhancements.
* Collaborates with faculty and staff responsible for acquisitions, collection management, electronic resources, cataloging, public services, and interlibrary loan to analyze, maintain, and improve processes, reporting, workflow, and training. Includes monitoring and managing system back-end processes.
* Consults with faculty and staff to determine effectiveness of these interfaces and plan, implement, and test enhancements.
* Ongoing selection, purchase, deployment, and maintenance of library-wide hardware and software, as well as trouble-shooting public-facing and internal technology solutions for library administrative computing, student and public computing library spaces, maintenance of library's technology inventory and full management of all library technology including scanners, printers, barcode readers, and peripheral devices.
* Coordinate the digital content program and collaboration with other campus units to identify and migrate digital content platforms.
* Support other library technology needs, including authentication tools for licensed content and integration with systems such as OCLC, SAP, Banner, and Canvas.
* Supervise three staff positions with responsibilities for digital collections, library technologies, and administrative computing.
* Recruitment and training of new hires.
* Perform other duties as assigned.