The PBM Business Data Analyst provides support to OHSU Pharmacy Benefit Management Services. Support includes but is not limited to file development and transmission, report development and maintenance, testing of benefit configurations, data analysis and translation, and enhancement of existing systems.
This position gathers, compiles, analyzes and provides qualitative and quantitative information and statistical data, and presents this information in narrative or schematic form for use in business planning and administrative decision making.
This is the second of a three level series. The PBM Business Data Analyst is distinguished from the lower level by providing analysis of the data, advanced technical skills in report writing and by providing recommendations for business outcomes from the analyzed data.
This position is elegiable for Telecommuting
Function/Duties of Position
Business Analysis and Development.
- Gathers and compiles raw data from a variety of sources for business research information.
- Gathers data, and analyzes results. Develops survey instruments.
- Identifies or calculates statistically valid samples.
- Verifies the accuracy of survey reports with survey respondents, and organizes and analyzes data in printouts, tables, graphs, and charts.
- Applies elementary statistical tests to data to estimate trends.
- Participates with information systems staff in designing and implementing new or enhanced information systems.
- Oversees and ensures the appropriate formatting, content and production of regular and ad hoc reports.
- Extracts data from computer printouts and applies software (e.g., statistical, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database) to the analysis and reporting of findings.
- Uses computer report generator language software packages or writes routine programs to retrieve, edit, and tabulate data from various databases and files.
- Displays and maintains data in graphs, summary tables, and charts.
- Interprets researched information. Writes reports, such as summaries of statistical studies, narrative reports and articles for publication, including summary tables, graphs, and charts.
- Produces tables of estimates and other special reports.
- Summarizes data into various formats and writes short reports, or sections of major reports.
- Provides consultation and assists managers and leaders in the use of analytical and reporting tools to develop effective cost, quality and satisfaction outcomes.
- Provides recommendations based on information produced.
- Participates in and may facilitate work groups and committees.
- Answers requests for information relating to subjects within the OHSU business areas.
- Contacts businesses, governmental officials, and others to collect and interpret data.
- Reviews reports, papers, memos and articles of staff to ensure proper use of data and offer consultation.
- May provide a limited amount of project management and may oversee and/or train staff.
- Reviews project work of lower-level Business Data Analysts, technicians and support staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Provides training on survey methods and other job functions to lower-level analysts or support staff.
- Bachelors degree in a business field and one year of experience that included analytical, database, spreadsheet and/or financial experience, technical writing, quantitative analysis or use of statistical principles; OR
- Associates degree in a business field plus three years of experience that included analytical, database, spreadsheet and/or financial experience, technical writing, quantitative analysis or use of statistical principles; OR
- Five years of experience that included analytical, database, spreadsheet and/or financial experience, technical writing, quantitative analysis or use of statistical principles;OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Competencies):
- Proven ability to complete projects on time, on budget, and on scope
- Proven ability to work with multiple information systems
- Ability to collaboratively work with multiple business units and teams within Pharmacy and external stake holders
- Ability to evaluate large amounts of data and translate to workable opportunities
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Two or more years of pharmacy experience
- Two or more years of managed care experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks
This position comes with benefits! Highlights include:
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision care plans. Covered 100% for full-time employees and 88% for dependents
- $25K of term life insurance provided at no cost to the employee
- Retirement: Choose between pension plan or employee matching voluntary savings plan
- Substantial Tri-met and C-Tran discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Innovative Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.