Blue Oasis Pet Hospital, Nashville's First Fear Free Certified Pet Hospital, is seeking a veterinarian to join our successful practice. Blue Oasis Pet Hospital is an independently owned, AAHA-Accredited, innovative and community-loved pet hospital located just east of Nashville, TN.
Currently, we're sitting at a perfect 5 star review on Google.
OUR MISSION: We are a team of committed and confident professionals devoted to strengthening the Human-Animal-Bond. We are a nurturing team that support and uplift each other. We are not rooted in the old, we are always adapting and moving our profession forward in the pursuit of excellence. We are not just any pet hospital….WE ARE BLUE OASIS PET HOSPITAL!
Blue Oasis Pet Hospital ensures you have everything you need to be a happy and successful clinician.
Hear from from our practice owner on why you should join our team:
• Fantastic Working Environment and Schedule (NO WEEKENDS!, holidays or after-hours!)
• Doctor-Centric Practice
• We see patients 8am - 5pm, Monday-Friday
• Flexible work schedule- work 4 days a week
• Full lunch breaks - no patients scheduled during your break!
• Mentoring from established veterinarians practicing on-site with you
• Board Certified Internal Medicine Specialist available for special procedures such as endoscopy and US-guided biopsies.
• Board Certified Internal Medicine Specialist on-call for case consults
• >20 year experienced ultrasound-trained DVM as extension of our team
• Certified veterinary practice manager on-site
• LVT/CVTs are part of the paraprofessional team
• Employer-sponsored 401(k) with 3% match and profit sharing
• Healthcare Stipend - $3,600 annually
• 4 weeks paid time off
• Personal Pet discounts
• DVM Maternity
• Generous paid continuing education
• Custom scrubs and white lab coats
• Gym Membership
• AVMA Dues
• DEA Controlled Substance License Fee
• Professional Privilege Tax
• Fear Free Certification and Leveling
• Zero State Income Tax
Doctor Mentorship Program: New DVMs are paired with Dr Lucas for customized learning experience that only a veterinarian that has experienced corporate, ER, relief, and private practice medicine for over 20 years can offer!
Doctor-Centric Practice: We know what a doctor wants and needs. Time to see patients, control of over schedule, competent and well-trained fun paraprofessional team, and efficiency in the practice. We know! We have the CULTURE!
Paid time off (PTO): At Blue Oasis Pet Hospital, you can actually take personal time off without worrying about making up lost production when you get back. Go have fun, relax, you deserve it!
Generous Continuing Education Allowance: Doctors need 20 CE hours annually to keep your license in good-standing. Blue Oasis will pay you 30 hours of PTO allowance to get those CE hours with no production to make up.
Dental/Surgical Academy: Small-group boot camps and clinical rotations are led by respected industry experts to develop your specialty skills
Teammate Referral Program: Get rewarded for making connections that turn into amazing hires.
Zero State Income Tax: Did you know that Tennessee is a 0% state income tax state! This is a significant benefit to our DVMs as you do not have to pay the state on your income! You just got a raise if you are moving from an income tax state.
OUR HOME: Nashville is one of the top tourism spots in the country–and the world, for that matter. And it’s for good reason. Aside from being a music mecca, it’s teeming with cultural landmarks, outdoor activities, amazing food, professional sports, and other things to do that make Nashville truly unique. It’s a big city with small-town roots and southern hospitality. Whatever interests you, you can find it in Music City.
OUR FACILITY: Blue Oasis Pet Hospital is a fully-integrated practice offering Cornerstone PIMS software, in-house Idexx diagnostic equipment with Vetconnect+, DR50 digital imaging and IDEXX WebPac telemedicine integration, GE Versana ultrasound with telemedicine integration, Progeny dental digital imaging, iM3 dental unit with high-speed LED handpiece, Midmark anesthesia system, Heated surgical table, HotDog warming system, Midmark Biometric Anesthesia Monitors, Bovie electrocautery system with smoke suction, K-Laser therapeutic platinum series, Cyroprobe, Tono-Vet pen, Online pharmacy, Anipanion telehealth app, and Talkatoo dictation software.
Our veterinarians enjoy an extensive, comprehensive benefits package
• Healthcare Stipend
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Hospital Indemnity Insurance
• Life & Accident Insurance
• Long & Short-term Disability Insurance
• Employer Assistance Program (EAP)- FREE therapist access
YOUR FAMILY- COVERED
Programs offered to support what matters to you
• DVM Maternity Leave
• Caring for Elderly Family
• Returning to Work After a Baby
• Moving to a New Community
• Grieving for a Lost Loved One
• Buying or Selling a Home
YOUR FINANCES- COVERED
Financial programs that you need
• Budgeting and Financial Guidance
• Professional Liability Coverage
• Relocation Allowance
• Retirement Planning
• Will and Testament Planning
• Tax Issues
• Discounted Veterinary Care
• No State Income Tax
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) with Tennessee State Veterinary License in good standing
A new graduate or experienced veterinarian, mentorship provided for all veterinarians
A dedicated clinician who takes pride in their work and values the support from the owner and colleagues working beside them
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with paraprofessional team members
Enjoys building relationships with clients and their pets.
Commitment to upholding practices excellent reputation
Commitment to continual growth and education
Professional appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
A practitioner who desires a healthy work-life balance and wants to maintain healthy boundaries
The Blue Oasis Pet Hospital is an exclusively small animal pet hospital just 15 minutes east of Nashville, TN. We are an AAHA and Fear Free Accredited hospital. Blue Oasis Pet Hospital has a unique approach to offering veterinary care. We allow pet parents to see all that we do and call this Transparency in Care. We have the Culture that veterinarians are looking for and a Doctor-Centric attitude support what veterinarians want and need. Come see how we are changing the way veterinary medicine can be!