The Field Coordinator of the newly established online Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) program will work alongside the Program Director and MPH Faculty to assist in the development of its fieldwork education. This position will be responsible for the overall functioning of the field component of the MPH program and will assist in the CEPH accreditation process as it pertains to field internships. The Field Coordinator will also be expected to teach in the MPH program. This is a twelve-month position.
1. A Masters degree in Public Health from an accredited institution.
2. At least two years post Public Health work experience.
3. Possess or currently eligible for certification- CPH – Certified in Public Health
1. Experience teaching within a graduate level public health program or closely aligned discipline.
2. Prior experience with MPH field education, especially in online program.
3. Strong community/national/international connections in human/social services.
4. Evidence of leadership and innovation within the field of public health or a closely aligned discipline.
5. Experience with the public health accreditation process, including a familiarity with the self-study process, submission guidelines and timelines for accreditation.
6. Academic experience with skills and experience with instructional design and course development.
7. Ability to handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational skills.
8. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with faculty and university administration.
9. Familiarity with teaching and delivering content using online modalities.
10. Ability to develop and maintain effective and constructive collaborative relationships with faculty and administration throughout the University.
11. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
12. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
Hiring Manager: Justin Bucchio
Department: School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences-Florham
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf