UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our rehabilitation hospital opened in September 2015 and offers specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
Under the direction of the Controller, perform diversified accounting assignments in accordance with prescribed procedures and accounting practices. This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts receivable and monitoring of operational efficiencies.
* Maximizes the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, and other sources of payment. Proactively identifies, communicates, and establishes processes to mitigate any risks to the revenue cycle process.
* Reviews Ancillary Gross Charges, laboratory, radiology, equipment rental, pharmacy and supply charges daily, including maintaining charge master for new and updated charges.
* Completes daily IRF-PAI audits.
* Verifies and reviews accuracy of patient demographics, pre-authorization and insurance authorizations for accurate and timely billing.
* Posts payments, verifies and submits adjustments for contractual adjustments and bad debts.
* Performs accounting functions including, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations.
* Assists Controller with journal entries (e.g., accrued, recurring), payroll weekly reports, general ledger, financial analysis, account reconciliations and month end close as needed.
* Assists with contract management of insurance (i.e. Managed Care and Commercial Insurers) and vendor agreements.
* Utilizes web based tools and other available resources to facilitate providing insurance companies with required information.
* Utilizes multiple information systems to accurately select the correct patient account in order to appropriately review and verify patient billable charges.
* Participates in and assists with audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
* Completes various projects and tasks as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Highly skilled in Microsoft Suite with an emphasis on Excel.
* Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills, including the ability to identify problems, research and analyze issues from different perspectives, organize information, reach sound conclusions, and work cooperatively with others to develop and implement effective solutions.
* Ability to be composed and adaptive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.
* Ability to work independently and to establish, monitor and achieve goals with minimal supervision.
* Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to effectively and competently handle multiple priorities simultaneously and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes.
* Flexibility to work the number and schedule of hours needed to accomplish regular and adhoc job responsibilities.
* Knowledge of principles of health insurance and/or health insurance products/plans.
* Associate's Degree in Accounting or Finance (Bachelor's preferred)
* 3 years of staff accounting responsibilities, including billing experience, Accounts Receivable and the collections process.
* Experience in working collaboratively across departments or organizations.
Job : Accounting/Finance Primary Location : WI-Madison-CHC Payroll - Madison Rehab Hospital Organization : 6783 - CHC Payroll - Madison Rehab Hospital Shift : Day