Perform laboratory testing on blood, urine and other body fluids according to written procedures. Receives, test request and processes specimens.
Evaluate test results for accuracy and takes appropriate action.
Perform quality control, calibration and maintenance procedures on equipment and analyzers and documents actions appropriately.
Exercise critical thinking to recognize problems and resolve appropriately.
Order, receive and maintain supplies and inventory.
Follow established biological, chemical and physical safety procedures.
Comply with laboratory quality assurance programs and regulatory agency requirements.
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
· Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
· Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
· Excellent retirement plans with employer match
· Disability and employer paid life insurance
· Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
· Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
· Student loan forgiveness opportunity
· Opportunities for growth and promotion
· Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits: https://humanresources.umn.edu/sites/humanresources.umn.edu/files/2020_gm-cslr-75100-ben-0105-2_cs_final.pdf
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
BA/BS in a science related field with at least two years of experience or a combination of related education and work experience to equal six years.
ASCP certified MLS, MT, or MB.
Excellent attention to details.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to work occasional evening or weekend shifts.
Previous clinical laboratory experience.
Previous experience at ARDL.
Internal Number: 336818
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.