Perform laboratory testing on blood, urine and other body fluids according to written procedures.
Perform quality control, calibration and maintenance procedures on equipment and analyzers and documents actions appropriately.
Supervise the day to day activities of a laboratory section.
Develop, monitor and implement quality assurance programs.
Write and review procedures, method validations, and competency assessments.
Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies. Prepare laboratory for regulatory inspections.
Collaborate with leadership, investigators and outside representatives
The University of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Competitive wages, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
· Low cost medical, dental, and pharmacy plans
· Health care and dependent daycare flexible spending accounts
· Excellent retirement plans with employer match
· Disability and employer paid life insurance
· Wellbeing program with reduced insurance premiums
· Tuition reimbursement opportunities covering 75%-100% of eligible tuition
· Student loan forgiveness opportunity
· Opportunities for growth and promotion
· Employee Assistance Program
For more information regarding benefits: https://humanresources.umn.edu/sites/humanresources.umn.edu/files/2020_tcd-cslr-75100-ben-0105-7_cs_final.pdf
All required qualifications must be documented on application materials.
BA/BS in a science related field with at least four years of laboratory experience or a combination of education and work experience to equal eight years.
ASCP certified MLS, MT, or MB.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Proven ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently
Ability to work occasional weekend shifts.
Previous laboratory supervisory experience
Previous experience at ARDL
Experience writing laboratory procedures
Experience performing method validations.
Internal Number: 336816
About University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.